Friday 10 April 2015

Engine and diff

Sorry for not posting for a few days, I have been working on the car but Clare took the ipad and updating on either iphone or laptop seem to be less fun than working on the car.

Building engine hoist



I protected the engine bay with cardboard.



And spent sometime working out how the gearbox support fits. Unfortunately the bolts were missing but rather than wasting the time I had set aside I borrowed some from another pack and sent an email to Derek so I can swap them with the correct ones later.



I then spent ages joining the gearbox to the engine




I was now ready to go!







Time lapse video - I am not sure how to load it.



Having installed the engine I saw this great big hole - straight into the bell housing. A quick phone call to Derek and he has sent the sump protector over that blocks the hole.

Having fitted the gearbox I could not resist the temptation to fit the gear lever.


After the success of the engine it was on to single handedly fitting the diff. It was easier than it sounded.




2 comments:

  1. Lawrence,

    Can you post a picture of the sump protector once you have fitted it please? Think I may need one for mine!

    Thanks

    Dominic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just added a post with the sump protection shown. I will update it with an in focus one when I get the chance

      Delete