Wednesday 25 March 2015

Upper wishbones, light assemblies and springs & dampers


I have not posted for a few days but have done something every evening, even if one night was four grommets and a email about a few missing parts.

I did not realise it but I was missing the ignition barrel, but it has now arrived, although the plastic bits from the keys are missing.

The next task on the car was upper wishbones and light assemblies.


Fitting them was quite easy until I struggled to fit the nuts on both front upper bolts as there is no clearance between the bodyside and the bolt. 



I hope the above photo to show the issue. I wanted to gently press the bodyside away to give space 

but the bracket pick up on the chassis has a flange that constrained the bodyside from moving in y axis across car. 


A quick email to Derek confirmed that a bit of "gentle" persuasion  is the only way.

And so it seemed


Having secured the upper wishbones fitting the springs and dampers was quite straight forward.






No comments:

Post a Comment