Sunday 22 March 2015

Lights and lower wishbones

Thanks to a bit of advice from Blatchat the first thing I did after my last post was to remove the masking tape and replace it with a some wall paper from an unused roll. Thanks Metal Mickey


Next was to fit the lower wishbones. The instructions are a little unclear on the position of the spacer, but a quick check on blatchat reassured me. It is now set up 0,4,0 the lowest caster angle as recommended by Caterham. I am going to leave it like this for now and modify once it is on the road, if required.





Before fitting the top wishbones it is suggested that you assemble the lights, indicators and specifically mounts. The instructions for this section is a little woolley, and given I had read another blog that specified an alternative (improved) method I decided to give it a try. This thought was 
further reinforced by a recommendation from realist on Pistonheads.

I therefore owe a big thanks to Daniel French and his R500 blog (http://www.caterhamr500.co.uk) as his method was faultless.








This entry would be incomplete without one further thanks to my little helper.










2 comments:

  1. Cheers for the recommendation Lawrence - would be good if you can link to my post so others can get any use out of the fitting guide. Good luck with your build and let me know if you've got any questions - happy to help.

    ReplyDelete